Sunday, April 5, 2009

A few Spring projects...

Well, I'm back off to classes tomorrow, so it will be a while before I will post again. In the meantime, I want to put up a few more pictures of the projects I did over my break. This is a journal that I had bought quite some time back. It was a plain brown journal, with brown pages. I liked the idea of the rough brown paper at first, but found it was uninspiring after a while, so I decided to decorate up the cover. I used collage and stamping, finishing up with a little paint, and a sealer so that I can throw it in a bag and take it with me where ever I go. I love it now, and when it is not traveling with me, I leave it on the coffee table to look at!





This is a small painting I did of an Arabic coffee pot. I did it quickly, as I was trying to get the feel of the paints, and therefore I didn't put much time into the background. I was surprised at how well I liked the finished project!








These are some boxes I painted for art storage. It's a great way to recycle shoe boxes, and have some pretty storage!




In both cases I did the painting, and finished off with a sealer for protection.





In this one, I also added some texture under the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Doors (and red, and yellow, and green)

I tell you truly, everything that you now see will vanish like a dream. ~Rumi The windows are shuttered, the doors are bolted... but the...