Saturday, January 15, 2011

Karma

This is Karma! Dec. 26, 2010

Jan. 7, 2011

Jan 12, 2011 Look at those long legs! She is a regular weed!

Three weeks ago, my husband, daughter, and I went out to the desert for the day. We wanted to visit Al-Barrah, the village where my husband was born. On the way, we passed a few other small villages and being armed with my camera, we stopped to take many pictures. Many of the smaller villages in Saudi Arabia have been all but abandoned in recent years, and there are a lot of interesting ruins to wander through and look at.
At probably the third place we stopped, I had barely gotten out of the car, and I could hear the cries of a puppy. The desert is full of wild saluqis, and I was a little leery of poking my head into the room of an abandoned home to see the puppies that were definitely in there, for fear of Momma dog biting my face off. My husband had no such fear, and ran to take a look, and what he found was three starving puppies, not more than three weeks old. I guessed the Momma had been hit by a car, or some such thing, and after debating it for 20 minutes, we decided to take the puppies home to try to save them. Sadly, the two little cream colored males didn't even make it to the house. The sand colored female, however, not only survived, but has thrived, and is now as demanding as any puppy can be! Look at how far she has come....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Doors (and red, and yellow, and green)

I tell you truly, everything that you now see will vanish like a dream. ~Rumi The windows are shuttered, the doors are bolted... but the...