Thursday, January 13, 2011

I've been messing around with some jewelry designs. I love copper wire, so it gets used a lot, but I also use silver and base wires. I hammer, twist, bend, and add beads. In many cases, texture from the hammer is part of the design. The assembly line, machine made look of department store jewelry is much less interesting to my eye.

How d'ya like them apples? In these earrings, I used silver filled wire, ceramic beads, and findings.
This set is made of 18 guage copper wire, hammered to give shape and texture. The chain, the S hook, and the ear wires all all hand forged.
Copper and jade work so well together. For this pair, I do think I might go back and put an antique patina on the copper to take the shine away.
This by far is one of my favorites. I used a very thin copper wire, doubled and twisted, to make the chain and the earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Doors (and red, and yellow, and green)

I tell you truly, everything that you now see will vanish like a dream. ~Rumi The windows are shuttered, the doors are bolted... but the...