Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hud Hud

I saw this gorgeous little Hud Hud (or Hoopoe) out in Tumayr a few weeks ago on my way to find the irises. I had a hard time getting a good shot of him as he kept teasing me and stepping behind a bush every time I got the camera in focus! He didn't want to fly away, though, because as you can see, he was enjoying his meal.


The coloring of his feathers is fantastic, isn't it? I love the black and white stripes!

After about 15 minutes, he finally consented and gave me a beautiful pose on a thorn bush. Look at that profile. I couldn't ask for more than that!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I have never seen one of these before...
    lv,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

Blue Doors (and red, and yellow, and green)

I tell you truly, everything that you now see will vanish like a dream. ~Rumi The windows are shuttered, the doors are bolted... but the...