Saturday, May 14, 2011

Syrian Necklace


A friend of mine asked me to make her a pair of earrings to match an antique necklace she had bought in Syria. The necklace is absolutely gorgeous and I was honored that she had faith in me to make just the right earrings to go with it. I had been using mostly copper wire, copper sheet, and copper filled silver wire up until that time, but for something this important, I knew I needed to buy sterling silver wire. I also had to find just the right beads to match the necklace. With the turquoise beads especially, I had to match not only the color tone, but the size and shape, as anything larger or brighter would have been distracting. After a two month search, I had found the perfect beads, and had silver wire pulled to the right guage, and Yayyy! I am quite pleased with the results, but more importantly, so is my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Doors (and red, and yellow, and green)

I tell you truly, everything that you now see will vanish like a dream. ~Rumi The windows are shuttered, the doors are bolted... but the...